– Label your boxes on all six (6) sides for easy reference.
– Keep your frequently used items at the front of your unit where you can get to them easily.
– Make the best use of your space by stacking to the ceiling. Make sure to put the heaviest items on the bottom.
– Break down any furniture that has removable legs, leaves, or other parts. Stack your chairs seat to seat with towels or blankets between them.
– Make sure all appliances are clean & dry before storing them. If storing anything in your refrigerator, washer or dryer make sure to wedge the door open, just a little to allow air to circulate inside them.
– Store paintings, mirrors & same like items on their ends, not flat.
– Empty all gas tanks of lawnmowers or any other gas powered equipment as this will prevent unpleasant odors in your unit.
– Leave a little space between the walls of your unit and stored items to allow air flow.
– Check on your belongings at least once a month if possible.